Recent changes to Ubuntu

Mary Gardiner mary-sounder at puzzling.org
Thu Apr 7 23:10:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005, Corey Burger wrote:
> As a point of interest, I already follow the devel list, and there
> wasn't much about the recent wiki stuff on there either. Traffic is
> pretty low so I wouldn't worry about subscribing and being deluged.

There wasn't much, but it (and ubuntu-users) were notified and
ubuntu-doc wasn't. Having someone specifically follow the list watching
posts with a "would the doc team want to know?" eye would have been
useful. (FWIW, I ended up seeing the message when doing one of my
fortnightly scans of ubuntu-user looking for questions to answer.)

I don't think we can work under the assumption that enough of the doc
team follows ubuntu-devel (or the devel IRC channels or...) that we can
just assume that everyone here will hear about relevant
decisions/errors/events/news directly. It's clearly not true. And
besides, the definition of "low traffic" varies depending on the person.
(In my case, I follow a lot of mailing lists, and ruthlessly cull them
periodically in order to keep my reading time to something reasonable.
The ubuntu-devel list got cut about a month back.)

-Mary