Ubuntu Magazine [Was: On Ubuntu Marketing]

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Thu Oct 28 14:12:32 UTC 2004

On 26 Oct 2004, at 01:34, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 12:55:21AM +0100, John Levin wrote:
>
>> I thought ubuntu traffic was a summary and digest of the mailing
>> lists,
>> and wasn't supposed to be more than that.
>>
>> If you want contributions to it, then great - what sort of stuff do
>> you
>> have in mind?
>
> It currently summarizes mailing list traffic, current events, IRC
> meetings,
> etc.  Contributed articles along the "current events" theme I think
> would be
> perfectly appropriate, and perhaps even more than that, depending on
> what
> Mako thinks of the idea.
>
> It would be nice to have one publication for keeping up with Ubuntu,
> one RSS
> feed, etc.

In this month's Linux Format[0], there's a review of Ubuntu - scoring
8/10 - but only 5/10 for documentation :( - and a brief interview with
mdz.
Is this sort of item useful for Ubuntu Traffic - Ubuntu in the news,
reviews and reports etc?

John

[0] Article not online, but the mags url is:
www.linuxformat.co.uk