I guess we could manage perfectly with only gardening and our new secretary.

John Hornbeck hornbeck at freeshell.org
Wed Oct 27 21:21:49 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 20:50 +0100, sparkes wrote:
> Sivan Green wrote:
> > Hello Folks!
> >

> hey Sivan
>

> >  I am posting this in content to remove the first topic of the Doc
> > Meeting agenda, "Choosing a leader".
>
> sure, Enrico is acting as secretary for at least the next few months
> with Mark S's blessing and the full support of all the doc guys at the
> CC so that's cool with me.
>
> I think the problem Ben has was the fact that team leader is normally
> reduced to leader and that does raise some points among some of us.
> It's true that it's just surface semantics and we all understand the
> role played by team leader but it does raise defences among some of us.
>
> The role of secretary with his magic wiki gardening gloves is a
> brilliant comprimise.  We have all the things required in a leader at
> this time without any potential negative bits.
>

> > I'd like to hear oppinios till we reach consensus.
> >

> If we can get the core team to agree on this point we can probably
> forget about a team leader until after the hoary release.  I think this
> is the timeline the CC was thinking off anyway.
>
> Another point we need to discuss is getting more man (and women) power
> in the documention project.  So perhaps we can add this to any agenda?

I say take it off. :-)  Enrico is our secretary and will help us with
things as we go.  A core team was set up instead of a leader.  So the
core team is our guidence when it comes to making things happen.  So if
something big needs to be done it has to go through the core team.

John Hornbeck
http://hornbeck.freeshell.org/blogger