Ubuntu book

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 14:39:00 UTC 2004

did you get the other email I sent which talked about possible
style/content.  Although "What is Linux" is important the majority of
the population do not care.  As for "Using the Gnome Desktop" if I
mentioned this to my dad me would look at me blankly.

Chapters like "Installing and setting up Ubuntu" and "Using the
Internet, web browsers and email" would be the kind of thing I
envisage.

If the introduction was something like "Why Ubuntu" this could talk
about open ource and linux and why it will save the world - but we are
talking a page here - with good references to other material.

Have you got a treatment for the book? (not sure if this is the
correct term but in film/video it is a single page used to get a
commission - it has an overview - who is the audience...used for a
pitch)

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of