Outline for Ubuntu Book

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 12:21:32 UTC 2004

I was just going to suggest this is added myself. It needs a
Connecting to the Internet section.  If people are using a
router/ASL/network modem etc. with an RJ45 output this is very simple
(they may need to set up fixed IP but normally they will be using
DHCP).  Setting up a Hard modem (either pcmci/PIC or external) is also
fairly easy and should also be included.  The real question is are we
going to include WinModems or just say so by a proper modem - it wont
cost mutch and will make your life easier.  Free software is not free
as in beer, and a few bucks for a modem may be a price worth paying.

Also 'what is free/open source software and is it really free' should
be included in a skipable intro.  I am actually writing such a thing
myself so if you put it in someware I could at least provide a decent
draft.

and I would say windows dual boot notes are VERY important.

Ben