Licencing of Documentation

Sivan Green sivan at piware.de
Mon Nov 8 12:13:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 08:11, George Deka wrote:
> Hi All,
> In follow up to what i had metioned during the meeting, i said i
> thought there was an issue with using GPL as our licence. Having
> remebered what my issues were with it i shall try and explain.
> An issue that i have seen raised is the source of documenation. Are we
> able to meet the requirements of the GPL on re-distribution of the
> source.

As we are currently in transit to using a DocBook repository and using
it as our document stadarnd source, I don't think this should be any
problem. Moreover, there are already several access method (e.g. yelp)
that use most of the documents in their source form, so this is even
desirable.

Anyone care to correct me if I'm wrong?

Sivan