Improved quilt patch handling

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 19 03:24:10 UTC 2012

On Jan 19, 2012, at 01:30 AM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

>We've done some testing of it, as well as running through a package merge
>involving patches with Barry, but none of us do package merges regularly. If
>you do run into issues or if you think there are ways we can improve the
>quilt handling further, please follow up to this email or file a bug report
>against the UDD project (https://launchpad.net/udd/+filebug).

We tested this out on brasero at the recent engineering rally and it looked
fantastic.  It was an amazingly smooth and easy merge.  Now, I'm sure there'll
be all kinds of weird corner cases, but I have to say I am *really* impressed,
and it will allow us to greatly simplify the documentation and workflow.

Great job!
-Barry