Our biweekly meetings

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at canonical.com
Tue Sep 6 13:12:55 UTC 2011

Hi Barry,

On 09/06/2011 02:57 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> At our last meeting, we talked about starting up the UDD bi-weekly meetings
> again this week (Wednesday Sept 7 @ 1100 UTC).  However, both Martin and I are
> pretty tired of the old format, so let's think about how we can restructure
> the meeting to be most effective for everyone.  If we really don't think we
> *need* them anymore, that's fine too.
>
> What would *you* like to get out of these meetings?
The main thing I appreciated about the meetings was hearing what other
people had done towards UDD.

I think a part of this is also that UDD as a project doesn't really have
releases - and no really visible changelog. So despite a lot of things
getting done, we normally wouldn't hear about them.

Another thing that was occasionally useful was discussions about
particular problems, like what to do about the project branch and
packaging branch for a native package. The mailing list seems to work
reasonably well for that sort of discussion too though, when it happens
to come up.

Cheers,

Jelmer