Moving udd to django

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Sat Dec 10 15:28:28 UTC 2011

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 17:52:40 +1300, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 3:10 PM, James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think there are a few reasons that we should consider moving udd to
> > django (more on what this actually means later.)
>
> I'm curious what data udd stores.

There are two sets.

There's the bookkeeping data for running import-package each time a
package is uploaded to Debian or Ubuntu, keeping track of failures, etc.

Then there's the bookkeeping data for import-package itself, about what
it thinks the state of bzr is etc.

These should be treated differently, with the former the one that is
more important for the goals laid out here.

Thanks,

James