Per-file merge hook for bzr

Andrew Bennetts andrew.bennetts at canonical.com
Thu Jan 14 00:20:00 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I've implemented a merge hook that allows plugins to implement per-file merge
strategies.  It's still in review at
<https://code.launchpad.net/~spiv/bzr/per-file-merge-hook-491711/+merge/17279>
and will probably need some tweaks before it lands, but I don't expect it to
change too much.  I've already successfully used the crude NEWS file merge
plugin in that proposal for some of my merges of bzr branches.

Judging from <https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/491711>, the next step
for udd is to implement a hook to merge debian/changelog in bzr-builddeb.  Is
there some code already written for merging or at least parsing debian/changelog
files?

-Andrew.