Bazaar focus for 2.1 and 2.2

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Mon Jan 4 23:47:15 GMT 2010

Martin Pool wrote:
> I think after the break we should focus on the vcs-imports of the top
> 100 Ubuntu packages until they're all working well.  jml and spm
> helped with some scripts to query their current state, and we can map
> that into a spreadsheet showing the root cause for each failure.

I think focussing on imports of the top 100 packages is a good thing to
do in Q1 2010, both for UDD and for Bazaar itself. As others have
mentioned, "imports" is a long tail problem but it's important that it
works well enough. If we can get the top 100 packages importing without
problems, we'll be a long way there.

> We can focus on this at our mini-sprint in Strasbourg and I hope pair
> with Jelmer on debugging some of the failures.

+1. I got permission yesterday from my oncologist to travel to Europe in
Feb so there's an outside chance I can make it in person. If not, I'd
like to be involved as best I can remotely.

Ian C.