RFC on build from branch UI

Tim Penhey tim.penhey at canonical.com
Thu Feb 11 03:26:59 GMT 2010

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:01:49 Michael Nelson wrote:
> https://dev.launchpad.net/BuildBranchToArchiveUI

Hi Michael,

Firstly I think you have done an awesome job with the UI mock-ups.  I talked
with Michael Hudson today, and here is the summary of what came up. I'm not
expecting you to answer all of these, but to give us notes to work from.

We agreed that it is important to focus on the initial workflow of creating a
new daily build of a branch into a PPA.

We realised that we are missing the schedule information for the recipe itself
in order to support daily builds properly.

We are missing any form of UI mock-ups for the branch page itself.

What changes on the branch page when a new build has been requested?

How are we going to show builds in progress?

What if the user wants to remove a daily build?  Or just disable it?

Is it really feasible to share recipes?  When wanting to build into a PPA,
what are we really accomplishing by choosing someone else's recipe?

We are likely to have multiple recipes for each branch that is being built
daily as we are going to target multiple distroseries.  Am I right on this
assumption?

We will want some general recipe oriented views later, but what we have is a
good start.

Tim