UDD @ Portland

Tim Penhey tim.penhey at canonical.com
Thu Feb 11 02:42:05 GMT 2010

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:18:30 Robert Collins wrote:
> James Westby and I had some time together in Portland to talk about UDD
> stuff.

I just have two comments below:

>  - make downloading only some history easier/possible

Shallow branches FTW.  This would be awesome to focus on, and should be able
to build on stacked branch work.  Make bzr handle ghosts on mainline history,
and enabling committing to a stacked branch.  This would rock!

> Another open issue is how looms might look in a colocated branch world:
> would they be N branches with a metadata structure glueing them
> together, or still an all-in-one structure? Specifically it would be
> nice for threads to *version and propogate* some key concepts like 'bzr
> pull from lp:myupstream or lp:my-redhat-patch-branch-import'.

Changing looms to use co-located branches seems like a win to me.  This would
also bring looms and pipelines closer.  I'd love to see a unified model here.

Tim