bzr loves Ubuntu @ UDS

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Thu Nov 19 15:50:35 GMT 2009

    >> <snip/>
    >>
    Michael> Memory usage for large git imports is a real issue.  Maybe
    Michael> we need to commission a big ass machine for initial imports
    Michael> and use that, but it hasn't happened yet.
    >>
    >> What do you call a big ass machine exactly ?

    Michael> One with a lot of RAM, bascially, although fast would be handy too.  A
    Michael> lot of RAM probably means in the 4-8 gig range, but I'm not really sure.

Right, so saw (babune host) should do the trick, I intend to setup a
launchpad.dev there as soon as I get home (next week), it has 12GB and I
can setup a vm with 8GB for the launchpad.dev one (keeping launchpad.dev
in a vm will be easier to maintain for me).

Your help will be appreciated when I'll start setting up a mini
vcs-imports test lab :-)

The intent is to be able to reproduce failing vcs-imports locally and/or
use trunk versions of whatever is needed without having to deploy on
launchpad.net.

            Vincent