your thoughts wanted on bzr team UDD focus

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Dec 3 21:52:45 GMT 2009

2009/12/4 James Westby <james.westby at canonical.com>:
> On Thu Dec 03 01:05:00 -0500 2009 Andrew Bennetts wrote:
>> Are there any other UDD-related bugs that should be filed (or existing ones
>> tagged)?
>
> Is the Bazaar team looking for all issues to be filed as bugs. I'm happy
> to do that, but a lot of things we have been discussing would currently
> considered to be too imprecise for a good bug report.

No, at least not at this stage.

If there are existing bugs relevant to udd, or you know of
appropriately concrete and self-contained things that can be filed as
bugs, then tagging them and/or mentioning them here would be helpful.
It would give us something to be getting on with.  But I agree the
larger issues are too broad to make useful bugs now.  (One could have
placeholder bugs like "work out what to do about X" but I doubt that
helps.)

As John said in another thread, I think people are having trouble
spanning from the big picture into what we can actually do to help.
We'll know we've reached that level when we do have a queue of bugs.
But I don't want to shortcircuit that process, or put all the work of
it onto you.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>