Ubuntu Directory Services

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretecsystems.com
Thu Apr 30 17:26:07 BST 2009

----- "Scheer István" <istvan at scheer.hu> wrote:

> Dear Community!
>
> I'm using Ubuntu since 2 years instead of Debian, because it gives
> values more faster.
> But now I'm in a problem: I do'nt want to use fedora directoy service,
>
> may be I'll have'nt other way.
>
> I've to solve the next problem:
> I have customer and contact information in an Oracle data view.
> I've to create ldap information for M$ outlook  from these datas.
> Is there any solution under ubuntu?
>
> Can anyone offer soem possible solution?

You can use OpenLDAPs SQL backend to expose data in a database. See "man slapd-sql".

Thanks.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry at suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html