[ubuntu-directory] NetworkAuthentication/Client

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Tue Oct 31 09:14:58 GMT 2006

Jerry Haltom <wasabi at larvalstage.net> writes:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NetworkAuthentication/Client
>
> I have been working on this ... rather large document? It outlines my
> current plans with regards to implementing the first step of client
> support for Ubuntu.
>
> I would appreciate a read over by any interested parties. Please leave
> comments at the bottom.
>
> Sorry for the prose form. Writing helps me get the ideas in my own head.
>
> Also, please join us on the ubuntu-directory mailing list. I would
> appreciate any long threads about this being sent to the copy of the
> mail I sent there. Don't clutter ubuntu-devel.

I have read this paper and think it makes sense. Just a few comments
from my side.
If you want to integrate workstations into Active Directory KDC's
please read
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/howto/kerbstep.mspx
For any network based services like smtp, imap, ldap etc. I would implement
SASL GSSAPI authentication, thus libsasl and libgssapi are involved as
well.
With regard to PAM, consider the use of pam_unix2 instead of pam_krb5.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://www.dkluenter.de