Some questions

Nicolas Kassis nic.kassis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 06:43:46 BST 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Ubuntu development process but this topic on Ubuntu-devel
caught my eye. First of all, this is a great idea. I was hoping for
something similar for a while.

I was looking over the specs and I had a couple questions I would your
opinion on.
Will this directory be LDAP server independent ? Or will one server be
preferred ?
What sort of interface will be available to manage all these services ?
What I mean is will a GUI or/and web interface be developed ? Or will
existing tools such as Luma be used ? Would it be good to modeled it on
AD ? This would help alleviate the move from Windows to Linux for those
admins.

I guess this is probably early for all these implementation questions. I
hope I'm not repeating anything that has already been discussed.

Keep up the good work and thank you for doing it.

Nic