Retention period for autopkgtest test logs

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 26 23:53:05 UTC 2023

On Mon, Sep 25, 2023 at 03:22:59PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Moreover, there are other use cases beyond test failure fixing.
> Consider MREs and SRUs, where you prepare a package in a PPA, and run
> autopkgtest as part of the criteria for having the package be accepted.

For the record, I don't believe the SRU team has ever asked for pre-upload
autopkgtests as a condition of an MRE.

Given the frequency with which autopkgtest infrastructure gets overloaded, I
generally take the view that ppa autopkgtest runs should be kept to a
minimum because the results don't transfer to the main archive and all have
to be run again, and it's the second run that actually matters for
proposed-migration.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/