+1 maintenance report

Vladimir Petko vladimir.petko at canonical.com
Fri Oct 6 09:27:24 UTC 2023

I was on +1 maintenance this week and worked on the following:

- stdgpu: requested to move libthrust-dev to the universe to resolve
dependency-wait. Package migrated. LP: 2037908
- atop: investigated the autopkgtest failure on armhf. The root cause
was the atopacctd service not starting in the lxc container and
leaving behind a 0-length file. Atop client misinterpreted it and used
a structure filled with zeroes. This caused a division by zero and the
subsequent crash. Submitted MP in Ubuntu and upstream. LP: 2037910.
- cataclysm-dda: requested to remove armhf binaries to resolve
dependency-wait. Package migrated. LP: 2037912.
- abyss: requested to move to the universe to align with Debian: LP 2037916.
- casacore: -O2 switch was lost after sync. Added it back, package
migrated. LP: 2037921.
- zict: upstream fixed the test deadlock. I have backported the
upstream patch, and the package migrated. Forwarded to Debian. LP:
2033759.
- nix: added missing dependency libssh-dev and disabled autopkgtests
requiring internet. Opened MP in Ubuntu. LP: 2037314.
- unifrac/unifrac_tools: autokgtests fail due to:
  1) rounding error (not present in the latest version), but we will
have to add the patch[0]
  2) failing test due to the division by zero in unifrac-tools[1]. I
have opened PR upstream to fix this[2], but before patching the Ubuntu
package, it would be nice to confirm the fix with the upstream as they
need to decide the semantics.
  3) missing round() method [3]. I could not reproduce it after
division by zero was fixed[4].
 More details are in LP: 2038397
- slic3r-prusa: the unit tests hang in CI due to the deadlock in
Slic3r::GUI::BoostThreadWorker. Enabling verbose mode for tests allows
them to pass most of the time[5], but they still hang from time to
time. Submitted the issue upstream. LP: 2031340

[0] https://git.launchpad.net/~vpa1977/ubuntu/+source/unifrac/commit/?id=734914616e810713baf38f0579f04befe2856d91
[1] https://github.com/biocore/unifrac-binaries/issues/51
[2] https://github.com/biocore/unifrac-binaries/pull/52
[3] https://github.com/biocore/unifrac/issues/156