NBS removals of old kernels from stable -security and -updates pockets

Phil Roche phil.roche at canonical.com
Fri May 12 15:22:20 UTC 2023

Confirming publicly that there has been an exception made for future gke
and gkeop (Anthos on VMware) kernel header and module packages due to the
GKE deployments being long-lived and often having older kernels installed.

This issue with GKE specifically was reported publicly @
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2023-May/139318.html

Phil

Phil Roche