+1 maintenance report

Heinrich Schuchardt heinrich.schuchardt at canonical.com
Fri May 12 14:59:46 UTC 2023

*aespipe*

The build failure on arm64, ppc64el, s390x can be avoided by disabling
LTO with DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS=optimize=-lto. LP #2019319 needs
sponsering.

*postfix*

The installation of prerequisite postfix fails during autopkgtests of
packages like fwlogwatch.

Postfix post installation routine checks that the concatenation of
hostname and domain does not end with a dot. RFC 1034 defines that fully
qualified domains end with a dot. So the postfix scripts seems to be
wrong. LP #2019195 tracks the issue which is worked on by the
foundations team.

*umockdev*

Autopkgtests fail when trying to delete a missing file.

My patch was merged to upstream:
e3a0383ebd15 ("test: Allow missing .X11-unix/X5 file")

umockdev - 0.17.17-1ubuntu1 (LP #2019122) fixed the issue.

*stress-ng*

Autopkgtest fails on armhf with stack overflow in pthread test. Upstream
has a bug report for it
https://github.com/ColinIanKing/stress-ng/issues/283 and a patch
637662d92865 ("stress-pthread: use 64 bit tid_addr to fix stack
clobbering on 32 bit platforms").

But other problems on armhf remain.

LP #2019079

*ghdl*

The failure on arm64 was not reproducible in a schroot on an
arm64-mantic system. As the error occured only for the biggest test file
added the package to big_packages This fixed the arm64 and ppc64el
autopkgtests.

The binary packages for architectures armhf, riscv64, s390x do not
build. At least for armhf, s390x this is intentional according to the
Debian changelog. So I had the package deleted on these architectures
(LP #2019091).

*freebayes*

Autopkgtests fail. I identified the addresses in the crash call stack:

0x4c2ae, /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/stdio2.h#79, fprintf ,
__fprintf_chk is meant to through SIGSEGV for stack overflows

0x128f2, src/freebayes.cpp#673, output to ostream of AlleleParser in main()

The observed crashes during autopkgtests are not reproducible locally,
so I couldn't find a solution for LP #2019219.

*r-cran-dtplyr*

Adding an upstream patch fixes autopkgtests. LP 2018713 is in status
"fix committed".

*securefs*

The autopkgtest failed due to a missing environment variable when
testing. Fixed with LP #2018707.

*pywebdav*

A Debian patch causes an autopkgtest failure. My merge request
https://salsa.debian.org/tryton-team/pywebdav/-/merge_requests/2 was
accepted.

To fix a build warning when executing tests I created an upstream pull
request https://github.com/andrewleech/PyWebDAV3/pull/36 which still
needs review.

The new upstream version of pywebdav still does not pass all tests. I
created an upstream issue
https://github.com/andrewleech/PyWebDAV3/issues/37.

LP #2018702

Best regards