git-ubuntu MP workflows in Launchpad

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 29 21:55:21 UTC 2023

On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 02:36:06PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I think the least-effort approach is for the handling of MPs for sponsorship
> to match the handling of bugs: ~ubuntu-sponsors is unsubscribed, and it's
> the responsibility of the submitter to re-subscribe them (and patch pilots
> have an obligation to make this clear with a comment).

It's worth noting that the sponsorship queue has a "person who last
commented" column that displays in bold if that person can upload the
package. For a first pass through the queue, one could ignore any row
where that column is bold. This is imperfectly equivalent to ignoring
MPs that are waiting on the contributor to take some action.

Could it be used to address the fear of losing MPs, as well as the
desire not to waste every pilot's time on following up on MPs that are
actually waiting on the contributor? If it's not robust enough, what
could we do to help with that?