+1 maintenance report

Danilo Egea Gondolfo danilo.egea.gondolfo at canonical.com
Fri Jun 9 17:20:55 UTC 2023

I had a shorter week with some Netplan distractions but here we go:

1. delve

FTBFS due to the installed bpftool not matching the running kernel version.
I tried to workaround this by calling bpftool directly from
/usr/lib/linux-tools-.
It kinda worked but the build still fails for a different reason. It needs
more work.
See LP: #2021481

2. bpftrace

FTBFS on armhf. The problem apparently is a gcc bug.
I created a patch with a workaround and asked the upstream project about
the issue.
See: LP: #2023173
Also submitted to Debian #1037185
Github discussion
https://github.com/iovisor/bpftrace/pull/2360#discussion_r1223534659

3. cbmc

FTBFS on all architectures.
The compiler is catching some errors I believe are false positives.
There are some optional<T> variables that it says are MAYBE uninitialized.
I added -Wno-error=maybe-uninitialized to the CXX FLAGS and it fixed
the build on amd64. It's now failing for a different reason on the other
archs.
LP: #2023276

4. pistache

FTBFS on all architectures except riscv
One of the unit tests tries to resolve an address via DNS and fails
because the builder doesn't have access to the internet I suppose.
It's not failing on Debian's CI.
A patch was submitted to the upstream project
https://github.com/pistacheio/pistache/pull/1134
LP: #2023274

5. ctffind

FTBFS on non-x86 architectures
It uses x86 assembly inline. I implemented an alternative code calling
sinf() and cosf() from the libc instead on non-x86 systems.
LP: #2023288
Debian bug: #1037227
The patch was accepted by Debian and is already synced to Ubuntu.

6. elinks:

FTBFS on s390x
A tool used during tests, sgml-parser, is crashing. There is a
use-after-free issue
in the code that is not making it crash on other architectures.
One can see it by using valgrind or compiling elinks with address sanitizer.
See: LP: 2023305
I also reported the problem upstream:
https://github.com/rkd77/elinks/issues/235

7. libopenmpt

Autopkgtests failing
The test will build a C file that emits some deprecation warnings.
This is causing the test to fail.
LP: #2023406
It was already reported to Debian: #1037007

Danilo.