+1 maintenance report

Chris Peterson chris.peterson at canonical.com
Tue Dec 12 20:21:48 UTC 2023

Hi,

I had my first +1 maintenance shift last week. I tried to focus on NBS
packages
first and later moved to proposed-migrations.

## NBS Packages

### alex4-data

LP: #2045607 - Original patch (to potentially be discarded)
LP: #2045793 - alex4-data archive removal

Previously built by alex4, alex4-data has stopped shipping due to licensing
issues. I had originally thought game-data-packager was a suitable
alternative
to the -data package and submitted a patch to remove the alex4-data
dependency
in alex4, but it turns out the "Depends: foo-data | game-data-packager" is
an
intended idiom to have users build it locally and redistribute to their
other
machines without rebuilding (thanks Simon McVittie for the information).
So to resolve the NBS I've requested alex4-data be removed from the archive
and will submit a patch to discard the changes I've introduced if this is
accepted. For reference, opentyrian is another game package which uses the
same idiom (thanks Alexandre Detiste for pointing this out).
Thank you Dan for sponsoring the upload!

### appstream-generator

LP: #2045682

This package was listed as NBS due to the upgrade from
libphobos2-ldc-shared100
to libphobos2-ldc-shared105, however this introduced a regression in the
autopkgtest tests due to std.xml being deprecated in Phobos v2.101.0. A new
upstream version has been released (v0.9.1) which fixes this, but it looks
like
it will also require bumping appstream to >=v1.0.0, which is currently in
experimental in Debian. This should get fixed once Debian picks up the new
upstream version of appstream-generator and the new version of appstream
makes
it to unstable. I forwarded the Debian bug to Ubuntu as LP: #2045682 so you
can track the status there.

### octave

Builds for this package are passing, but its reverse-depends autopkgtest's
are failing. After unsuccessfully debugging octave-dicom I decided to move
on
to other things.

- octave-image:
    - I confirmed that 2.14-0-4ubuntu1 tests worked on retry, but 2.14.0-5
is
      now available in proposed with passing tests anyways.

- octave-dicom:

    - Tried to unstick this one but had to pass on it. It looks like it's
      building in Debian unstable just fine with the new gdcm version (which
      is what I thought the issue was), but I can consistently reproduce
      the build errors on Noble.

## proposed-migrations / excuses

### jruby

LP: #2023589

This package was failing to build due to the jruby-joni 2.2 version bump.
A patch was produced in the Debian bug thread (thanks to Miguel Landaeta)
which
contained the fixes from upstream in a newer version, but it was decided to
wait until the Debian release of jruby-9.4+ to fix this. I verified the
patch
works on Ubuntu and went ahead and requested it be uploaded to Ubuntu for
now.
We can drop the changes once the 9.4+ release makes it to unstable in
Debian.
Thank you Dave for sponsoring the upload!

### maxima

LP: #2024061

This package still has some failing build tests in Noble on ppc64el. I was
hoping there would be some changes since the Mantic build with the recent
library version bumps, but it fails in the exact same way. I'd guess next
steps are to see if this still builds in Debian, but I didn't get that far.

### python-secretstorage

LP: #2045997

python-secretstorage is stuck in proposed due to vorta-0.8.12-2's
autopkgtests
stalling on gnome-keyring-daemon startup. This previously wasn't an issue
due
to python-secretstorage not pulling in gnome-keyring, but now does (see
LP: #2045320), so this will require some changes to vorta's autopkgtests.

### python-launchpadlib

Just needed to retry some tests to push this through

Thank you,
Chris