+1 maintenance report

Nick Rosbrook nick.rosbrook at canonical.com
Mon Mar 21 13:49:45 UTC 2022

Hi,

I was on +1 last week. Here is my report:

### golang-github-valyala-fasthttp

Regressed on s390x because 32-bit tests are running when they should not be. I
submitted a fix on LP: #1965134 [1], and upstreamed the patch.

William sponsored my patch, and the package has migrated.

### python-pecan

The build tests were failing with python 3.10. Upstream had a patch which I
pulled and submitted on LP: #1965132 [2].

Brian sponsored my patch, and the package has migrated.

### nfstrace

FTBFS because of printf format errors. The calls needed to be updated with the
correct format specifiers. I sumbitted a fix on LP: #1965155 [3], and
upstreamed the patch.

LocutusOfBorg sponsored my patch, and the package has migrated.

### mit-scheme

FTBFS with -Werror=array-parameter. Upstream had a patch which I pulled and
submitted on LP: #1965163 [4].

Brian sponsored my patch, and the package has migrated.

### pktstat

FTBFS with -Werror=format-security error. The Debian bug, which I imported to
create [5], had a patch attached. However, the Debian bug had no further
activity and the patch had not been applied. I applied the patch and submitted
the debiff to [5].

Brian sponsored my patch, and the package has migrated.

### pyparsing

This package is FTBFS, and one of the reasons is because the new upstream
version adds a pyparsing.diagram submodule. This new submodule depends on
anthother Python module called railroad, which is not yet packaged in Debian
(it seems the Debian maintainer did a binary upload). Since pyparsing is in
main, even if railroad were packaged it would need an MIR etc. Given all of
that, I left this alone. See LP: #1964782 [6].

### python-b2sdk

FTBFS. Upstream has a fix, but this involves upgrading its dependency
on logfury,
and the python3-logfury package in Debian is too old. See LP: #1964973 [7].

### pytest-mock

This had autopkgtest regressions against python-pytest-asyncio 0.18.0. The
initial problem was due to pytest-mock needing to explicitly configure a new
pytest-asyncio config option, asyncio_mode. There were some other minor
build issues along the way, but my patch in LP: #1965442 [8] fixes the build
against python-pytest-asyncio 0.18.0.

I am still looking for a sponsor to review/upload this change.

### python-uvicorn

FTBFS with a DeprecationWarning generated by pytest-asyncio. Attached a
patch at LP: #1965578 [9].

I am still looking for a sponsor to review/upload this change.

### python-argcomplete

This packages builds OK for me locally, but is FTBFS on the infrastructure. I
did not have time to further investigate this. See LP: #1965592 [10].

### golang-github-hashicorp-go-slug

The autopkgtests fail on the infrastructure, but pass locally. The failing tests
try to read from testdata/archive-dir, which results in ENOENT on the
infrastructure.
The package has a history of just patching out such tests, so I did the same for
these failing tests. See LP: #1965429 [11].

William sponsored my patch, and the package has migrated.

That is everything I was able to look at last week.

Thanks,
Nick

[1]  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1965134
[2]  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1965132