+1 maintenance report

Dan Bungert daniel.bungert at canonical.com
Wed Mar 9 01:55:15 UTC 2022

I was on +1 for Monday and Tuesday.  Here are my notes.

##### mariadb #####

Debbug 1005950 was tracking openssl 3 and mariadb-10.6.  The discussion there
is that OpenSSL is officially part of ver 10.8 and 10.9+, but some backport
work was done and uploaded to Experimental.  Debian upstream is working on this
(thanks Otto), but there is some additional test flakiness, so I have proposed
skipping another test in that test suite.  LP: #1964045 and MR on Salsa, under
discussion.

##### qt6-base #####

Michael Hudson-Doyle outlined a plan for qt6-base last week, I just went and
did it.  LP: #1964273, MR on Salsa, debbug open.

##### other things I looked at quickly #####

* tpm2-tss-engine - left alone, already on the removal list - LP: #1959414
* opa-ff - left alone, LP: #1960841 - to quote Simon Chopin:
  "Having linux-tools-common Providing linux-cpupower would allow us to keep
  the aforementioned packages in sync with Debian without introducing a delta."
* surf - had an autopkgtest failure on arm64.  Here are the log differences
  between good and bad cases.  A new version of webkit2gtk has been uploaded so
  unsure if this is still relevant.
  bad:
    Could not determine the accessibility bus address
    Cannot get default EGL display: EGL_BAD_PARAMETER
    Cannot create EGL context: invalid display (last error: EGL_SUCCESS)
    Too few characters detected (0)
  good:
    Estimating resolution as 123
    Text has 1763 characters and 6 detected errors
* softhsm2 - digging into the test failures shows many instances of the
  following - TestsNoPINInitBase.cpp 124 setUp() failed.
  There is some talk of openssl3 work upstream
  https://github.com/opendnssec/SoftHSMv2/pull/633

-Dan