+1 maintenance report

Jeremy Bicha jeremy.bicha at canonical.com
Sun Jul 31 21:48:25 UTC 2022

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 4:02 PM Steve Langasek
<steve.langasek at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 03:36:32PM +1200, Michael Hudson-Doyle wrote:
> > There is some stuff on NBS due to a ldc transition: r-to-d,
> > appstream-generator, tilix, etc. AFAICT all of these packages have been
> > removed from Debian testing and I guess we should follow along.
>
> Unfortunately, Ubuntu Budgie has tilix seeded so a removal is not
> straightforward.  Do you want to check with the Budgie developers about
> unseeding this?

ldc being broken is common and I don't think we've done a full removal
from Ubuntu before for it. Although one thing that is different is
that we allow libraries to smoothly migrate out of proposed in Ubuntu
now.

Could we instead revert to an older ldc?

appstream-generator also seems important since we use it to build
https://appstream.ubuntu.com/ although I guess it doesn't have to be
packaged in the latest Ubuntu for that service.

Thank you,
Jeremy Bicha