Submitting a request

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 15 19:32:12 UTC 2021

Hello,

In Ubuntu, the wijesekera keyboard is provided by the ibus-m17n package,
which I find included by default in Ubuntu 21.04 as well as in Ubuntu 20.04.
If I go into Settings->Region & Language, I am able to find this keyboard
under 'Other' -> 'Sinhala'.

Is the problem that selecting wijesekera gives the wrong keymap, or is the
problem that it has to be manually selected instead of being the default
when choosing Sinhala as a language?  Because I cannot find where it was the
default input method for Sinhala prior to Ubuntu 21.04.