+1 maintenance report

Simon Chopin simon.chopin at canonical.com
Fri Oct 29 16:37:49 UTC 2021

Hi all!

This week was my second +1 rotation. It is worth mentioning that in the
middle of the week I was accepted as MOTU, which seemed like good timing \o/

## rgain3

The Python3 3.10 upload triggered a couple of bugs in the ADT specs. I submitted
a MR directly to Debian [0]

[0]: https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/rgain3/-/merge_requests/1/

## rust-once-cell

The autopkgtest were failing for a couple of reasons. One is that by default
debcargo enables tests for all features of the crate, which in this case has an
'unstable' feature, which by definition doesn't compile on stable Rust.

The other failure is linked to the way the tests are invoked by the
autotester.  For some reason the examples aren't built, and one test
relies on an example binary. The failure has been reported upstream [1]
and I've posted a MR in Salsa[2] to mark the tests as flaky.

[1]: https://github.com/matklad/once_cell/issues/161
[2]: https://salsa.debian.org/rust-team/debcargo-conf/-/merge_requests/215

## ruby-mysql2

Worked on merging the Debian 0.5.3-3 version. The main differences are due to
us using mysql where Debian uses mariadb for the tests. In particular, there
was a shift towards using non-root accounts for the test, and the setup of
those accounts isn't done the same way with those DBs.

Also disabled a flaky test that failed on busy or slow builders, and
was led to track
down a regression in ruby2.7 itself which caused the extension's
ppc64el build to fail,
with a patch posted at LP: #1948950, sponsored by doko.

Debdiff posted at LP: #194881, finally uploaded.

## sshfs-fuse

Briefly looked into why this package was blocked. It boils down to needing to
wait for the fuse3 transition in main, which is actively worked on for this
cycle. Added the MIR bug to the MoM entry.

## quassel

I used my shiny new MOTU status to sponsor my own work from my
previous +1 rotation.
See LP: #1940410

## liquidprompt

Instead of merging, I pushed our delta to Debian in a MR[3] and the
patch for the TERM=unknown handling in a PR upstream[4].

[3]: https://salsa.debian.org/debian/pkg-liquidprompt/-/merge_requests/3
[4]: https://github.com/nojhan/liquidprompt/pull/688

## openscad

Merged version 2021.01-2 from Debian, which fixes the build for the
libglew transition

## ike-scan

Synced the Debian version directly as our remaining patch has been imported in
the Debian package.

## timew

Synced the Debian version 1.4.3+ds.1-1 as the Ubuntu delta was an upstream
patch that was released in 1.4.3

## git-buildpackage

Synced the Debian version 0.9.24 as the Ubuntu delta was a single patch that
was merged in Debian in 0.9.23

## freeipa

Worked on merging the package, which meant re-enabling freeipa-server
and the autopkgtests,
but the tests failed, as already recorded in a Debian bug[5].

[5]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=996946

That's all folks!

Cheers,
Simon