helping golang-golang-x-sys to migrate

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:56:38 UTC 2021

Another week has passed, and the original issues seem to have been resolved
by retrying. Thanks for everyone involved in that.

In the mean time, a new test regression occurred at
https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/victoriametrics/hirsute/amd64, log
can be seen at
https://objectstorage.prodstack4-5.canonical.com/v1/AUTH_77e2ada1e7a84929a74ba3b87153c0ac/autopkgtest-hirsute/hirsute/amd64/v/victoriametrics/20210107_084114_85c06@/log.gz

2021-01-07T08:40:46.015Z	info	VictoriaMetrics/lib/mergeset/table.go:203	table
"/tmp/autopkgtest.a1SU4e/autopkgtest_tmp/_build/src/github.com/VictoriaMetrics/VictoriaMetrics/lib/storage/TestStorageRegisterMetricNamesConcurrent/indexdb/1657E67DA0CA2C97"
has been opened in 0.002 seconds; partsCount: 0; blocksCount: 0,
itemsCount: 0; sizeBytes: 0
    storage_test.go:699: unexpected error: error in SearchMetricNames:
cannot search for tsids, since more than 2 concurrent searches are
performed during -1610008847.000 secs; add more CPUs or reduce query
load
--- FAIL: TestStorageRegisterMetricNamesConcurrent (0.49s)

I suppose the testsuite is running on a machine with only 2 CPUs and
expects more ressources? I've retriggered the test but I'm concerned this
excercise might be a waste of resources. Does anyone share this concern
and/or has any thoughts on how to avoid this?

Best,
-rt

--
regards,