help required: golang-github-containers-image

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Tue May 26 10:43:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

Long time no see :-)

I've been working on getting buildah, skopeo, podman into Debian, and
finally those tools are available. Now I wanted to dust of my Ubuntu
packaging skills and bring them over to ubuntu, and am encountering issues.
I figure most of them are due to changes I wasn't able to pay as much
attention as I wish I could, so please bear with me.

I've had to patch golang-github-containers-image to add an additional
build-dependency because of differences in the
golang-github-docker-docker-dev package. In Debian, it provides
significantly "heavier" dependencies so much more code is available. I've
added the additional dependencies to the debian package, so on the next
sync we should be able to drop the delta.

The upload went through and the build passed, including the run of the
test-suite. However, the package is stuck in the proposed migration
because there the very same test-suite fails. I'm puzzled by this and
haven't managed to reproduce this with an autopkgtest vm (I've tried
following the instructions at
https://packaging.ubuntu.com/html/auto-pkg-test.html#executing-the-test but
got different errors).

Any chance someone could assist me with diagnosing what the issue is and
what needs to be done to get golang-github-containers-image-dev migrated? -
I'd love to proceed with getting golang-github-containers-buildah properly
migrated so that what I described at
http://tauware.blogspot.com/2020/04/building-packages-with-buildah-in-debian.html
also
works in ubuntu.