Call for testing : Driverless printing on Zesty

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 21:03:22 UTC 2016

On 12/28/2016 06:32 PM, Bernard Tremblay wrote:
> Here are the results from "ipptool -tv
> ipp://BRW3C77E657AB52.local:631/ipp/print get-printer-attributes.test >
> out.txt" in attached file

Thank you very much. I have forwarded this file to the people of the PWG
now.

Your printer does not fulfill all criteria for an IPP Everywhere printer
but enough for driverless printing with fully automatic printer setup.

> I cannot see any scanner from SimpleScan and haven't find any way to use
> the web interface for the scanner yet.
>
> I will install the scan driver from Brother and retry to scan.

OK.

> I have started the debug mode and print 4 documents that all printed OK:
>
>  1. firefox
>  2. libreoffice writer
>  3. atril (pdf viewer)
>  4. gimp
>
> I have my cups error_log attached too.

Thank you very much. The jobs are, as expected, converted into the PWG
Raster format and sent off to the printer, with the option settings as
IPP attributes.

Another test I want to ask you for is to change option settings, like
turning on and off duplex, switching between grayscale and color,
changing print quality, ... Are these changes obeyed in the printouts?

    Till