Most Bazaar repo's out of date when I try and clone

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 18 15:07:45 UTC 2015

On Nov 17, 2015, at 11:20 PM, Robert Park wrote:

>In my experience, these Ubuntu Distributed Development branches have been
>languishing for some time (many of them are stale due to various import
>errors).

Sadly, I haven't been able to branch any source packages since Xenial opened.

>Once you have the code you should be able to keep following that guide, I'm
>not aware of any other problems with it.

I tend to use `gbp import-dsc` to give me a git repo of the grabbed source
package, just because I like having a vcs to track local package changes.

I suspect bzr-based UDD is effectively defunct.  I'm watching the dgit work in
Debian and hoping that maybe someday that can provide a good workflow for
Ubuntu packages as well.

Cheers,
-Barry