Most Bazaar repo's out of date when I try and clone

Robert Park robert.park at canonical.com
Wed Nov 18 07:20:53 UTC 2015

On Nov 17, 2015 11:02 PM, "David Gilhooley" <djg5 at princeton.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm pretty new to bugfixing in Ubuntu and I have been having very strange
problems when trying to get the source code.

> Specifically I have been trying to fix this bug, and trying to
download this repository (I have been following this guide which I hope is
not outdated). Running the following command

>   bzr branch lp:ubuntu/wily/org-mode

In my experience, these Ubuntu Distributed Development branches have been
languishing for some time (many of them are stale due to various import
errors).

Usually I'd use the pull-lp-source tool from the ubuntu-dev-tools package
instead. You won't get the bzr commit history unfortunately, but you will
get the latest source package without any problems.

$ pull-lp-source org-mode wily

Once you have the code you should be able to keep following that guide, I'm
not aware of any other problems with it.

> Downloading the package for wily gives me the source code, but I am
worried about the fact that it is out of date. When I try and build the
package using the tutorials steps  pbuilder fails with the below message

> ./org.texi:6678:  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
> Transcript written on org.log.
> /usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdfetex exited with bad status, quitting.
> Makefile:291: recipe for target 'doc/org.pdf' failed
> make[1]: *** [doc/org.pdf] Error 1
>
> I am not sure if this is due to the out-of-date status of the package.

You should try the latest code and see if you still get the same issue.

> some packages build and others simply refuse to.

Make sure you have all the build deps installed:

$ sudo apt-get build-dep org-mode