Python 3 only for 16.04

Jon Grimm jon.grimm at canonical.com
Mon Nov 9 03:49:44 UTC 2015

Hi Andres

Yes, Scott's been working to purge python 2 from the server images during
the last cycle even.   IIRC, we had a new dependency sneak in late 15.10
via LXD dependencies (cloud-init-tools) that he needs to fix yet.

If you look at the blueprint & session notes you'll find server items
(mostly tagged 'smoser').

Note: python 2.7 will still be available in the archive via apt-get for
applications that still need it, this is just about defaults.

Thanks!

--
Jon Grimm
Engineering Manager, Ubuntu Server