[Ubuntu-phone] Qt 5.4 QVariant change and module news

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at canonical.com
Fri Feb 20 10:45:50 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 8:51 PM, Bogdan Cuza <bogdan.cuza at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have just received a vivid-proposed image and noticed that U1db no longer
> loads the defaults (which was probably a processed QVariantMap from JS). Did
> this change break it/could it break even more components?

Indeed this was a QVariant related problem and a fix is landing now.

There might be some other similar bugs lurking still, even though no
actual problems related to it have been spotted. I'll adjust the
landing test plan to include more non-required rebuilds in addition to
current 26 Qt private headers using packages. This would also have
been caught if eg u1db-qt was using autopkgtests to run its unit
tests. I think there were about 20 autopkgtest suites successfully run
against the new Qt at the time of landing. Increasing the amount of
autopkgtests would be useful, but so is catching these problems even
earlier, which is why the non-required rebuilds would help.

-Timo