[Ubuntu-phone] Qt 5.4 QVariant change and module news

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Fri Feb 20 11:20:37 UTC 2015

On viernes 20 de febrero de 2015 07h'45:50 ART, Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 8:51 PM, Bogdan Cuza
> <bogdan.cuza at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I have just received a vivid-proposed image and noticed that
>> U1db no longer
>> loads the defaults (which was probably a processed QVariantMap
>> from JS). Did
>> this change break it/could it break even more components?
>
> Indeed this was a QVariant related problem and a fix is landing now.
>
> There might be some other similar bugs lurking still, even though no
> actual problems related to it have been spotted. I'll adjust the
> landing test plan to include more non-required rebuilds in addition to
> current 26 Qt private headers using packages. This would also have
> been caught if eg u1db-qt was using autopkgtests to run its unit
> tests. I think there were about 20 autopkgtest suites successfully run
> against the new Qt at the time of landing. Increasing the amount of
> autopkgtests would be useful, but so is catching these problems even
> earlier, which is why the non-required rebuilds would help.

Telegram uses u1db; and on devel-proposed, reopening the app after first
account creation is completely busted. I'm not sure it's related, but worth
a look for your test plan.

That said, Telegram shouldn't require a rebuild, it just needs to work on
rtm and vivid (according to the framework), as long as only ud1b needs
rebuilding it should be fine.