Qt 5.3 landing update June 4

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Jun 4 14:52:24 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, June 04, 2014 09:26:48 Pat McGowan wrote:
> A small team is meeting every two days to review status of issues related
> to updating the touch image to Qt 5.3 and getting it into the Utopic
> archive.
>
> The open bug list is at [1] Media playback bugs are the main blockers (Pat)
> UITK Unit tests to be fixed (Leo)
> Silo 5 has the new packages [2] (Timo)
> Upstream javascript bug on Split() [3] has been worked around in toolkit
> and browser, Shorts app has an issue {Zoltan)
> QtCreator issue but can stay with 3.1 if need be (Zoltan)
> Some packaging changes to be done but can land as is (Timo)
> Need this [4] fixed to run automated tests from the PPA (Chris)
> QtLocation may need extra attention as it is pre-release and had some
> changes
> No issues in Unity8 at the moment
>
> We will target Monday June 16 for landing
>
> Cheers
> Pat
>
> [1] Bug list https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+bugs?field.tag=qt5.3
> [2] https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/landing-005/
> [3] https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39289
> [4] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ci-services-itself/+bug/1275012

It would be nice if there was some intermediate communication between "we're
looking into it" and "We will target Monday June 16 for landing".
Collaboration is not built this way.

The major thing this misses is merging from Debian.  There are quite good Qt5
5.3.0 packages in Debian Experimental and what is uploaded to the archive
should be based on that work.

Also, IIRC, June 16 is the release day for 5.3.1.  Can you target the Friday
before?  I think it would be less confusing.

Scott K