How to bring onscreen keyboard back in the lock screen?

Denis Washington denisw at online.de
Mon Apr 7 14:03:53 UTC 2014

Am 06.04.2014 17:34, schrieb Francesco Fumanti:
> Hi,
>
> Onboard, the on-screen keyboard shipping by default with Ubuntu used
> to be available in the lock screen to enter the password without using
> a hardware keyboard. In fact, the gnome-screen-saver used to be
> responsible for the screen locking, but apparently this changed at
> some point after Trusty's feature freeze.

Hi,

I am not part of the development team, but from reading the Trusty
package changelogs, I figured that the lock screen is now displayed by
Unity itself (and only *looks* like the login screen of the lightdm
unity-greeter).

You might want to try visiting the #ubuntu-desktop IRC channel at
irc.freenode.net to directly discuss things with the desktop team. This
might give you the quickest feedback.

Regards
Denis Washington