Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2013-03-26

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Mar 26 17:09:09 UTC 2013

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/03/26/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 26 Mar, 2013|20130326
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
  R/master: the -omap flavour was renamed -generic and support for
Calxeda SOC was added to it.
  The -generic rename, coupled with the deletion of R/omap4 and the
removal of the highbank
  flavour from master, officialy mark the beginning of arm multiplatform
support
  in UBUNTU.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
  Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
  || apw       || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || hardware-r-delta-review               || 3 work items ||
  ||           || foundations-r-secure-boot             || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || foundations-r-aarch64                 || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || foundations-r-upstart-user-session-enhancements || 1
work item ||
  ||           || foundations-1303-phablet-kernel-maintenance || 1 work
item ||
  || ogasawara || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 3 work items ||
  ||           || hardware-r-kernel-version-and-flavors || 2 work items ||
  ||           || hardware-r-arm-kernel-maintenance     || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || hardware-r-kernel-misc                || 1 work item  ||
  || ppisati   || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 1 work item  ||
  || rtg       || hardware-r-delta-review               || 1 work item  ||
  || sforshee  || foundations-1303-phablet-kernel-maintenance || 1 work
item ||
  The above summarizes the remaining work items owned by individuals on
  our team for the rest of the 13.04 cycle.

  We have rebased Raring to the latest v3.8.4 upstream stable kernel and
  uploaded.  We have also began work to provide support for highbank in
  Raring.  We have also rebased our unstable-3.9 branch to the latest
  upstream v3.9-rc4.
  Please be aware that Beta Freeze is fast approaching, ie this Thurs Mar
  28.  We will perform one more upload either today or tomorrow prior to
  Beta Freeze.  Beta release is then next week on Apr 4 and Kernel Freeze
  is the following week on Apr 11.  All patches submitted after Kernel
  Freeze must adhere to our SRU policy.
  Important upcoming dates:
   * Thurs Mar 28 - 13.04 Beta Freeze (~2 days)
   * Thurs Apr 04 - 13.04 Final Beta Release (~1 week)
   * Thurs Apr 11 - Kernel Freeze (~2 weeks)

  == 2013-03-26 (weekly) ==
  Currently we have 73 CVEs on our radar, with 8 CVEs added and 25 CVE
retired this week.
  See the CVE matrix for the current list:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
  Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Quantal/Precise/Oneiric/Lucid/Hardy  ===
  Status for the main kernels, until tiday (Feb. 26):
    *   Hardy - Nothing this cycle
    *   Lucid - In Prep; (2 commits)
    * Oneiric - In Prep; 4 upstream releases; (100 commits)
    * Precise - In Prep; 1 upstream releases; (150 commits)
    * Quantal - In Prep; 1 upstream releases; (164 commits)
  Current opened tracking bugs details:
    * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
  For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
    * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html
  Future stable cadence cycles:
    * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseInterlock
  We respun the Quantal and Precise kernels yesterday. All derivative
  kernels will need to be respun.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
  No open discussion or questions.