cdimage.ubuntu.com latest/current symlinks

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 20 14:01:34 UTC 2013

OK, well, I had to pick *some* colour to paint the bikeshed.  I found
Robie Basak's argument compelling enough:

  <rbasak> Nobody wants to hit something that says "pending" on its own
  if they don't know why it's pending, since it's implied that it will
  change under their feet

So I've renamed "latest" to "pending".  However, to save having to
explain their meanings, I've also added an .htaccess file with suitable
descriptions.  (These may not appear on all mirrors of
cdimage.ubuntu.com, depending on server configuration, but having them
on cdimage.ubuntu.com itself should solve most of the problem.)  For
example, see:

  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/

Other daily build directories will populate themselves with the same
.htaccess file along with new builds over the next few days.