cdimage.ubuntu.com latest/current symlinks

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 20 09:02:30 UTC 2013

hi,
On Mi, 2013-03-20 at 07:27 +0001, Zygmunt Krynicki wrote:

> While I love the idea I cannot think of more confusing words. Could we
> perhaps reconsider this to be something that does not require a README
> file around?
>

> If backwards compatibility is not important (the name 'current' can be
> discarded) then I would propose using "lastes-tested" and
> "latest-untested"

for the nexus7 desktop images where automated testing only partially
works i established a manually copied "last-good-image" symlink instead:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-preinstalled/

where i currently copy an image in place that has been confirmed to work
by a manual tester (due to the manual testing aspect this is always
horridly outdated indeed, but it helps if all three dailies are broken).

probably that naming would be less confusing (it also has the advantage
that "current" doesn't really change its meaning)

ciao
	oli