Let's Discuss Interim Releases (and a Rolling Release)

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 5 21:53:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 7:31 AM, Rick Spencer
<rick.spencer at canonical.com> wrote:
> Therefore, I think we should keep LTS releases, but starting now, stop doing
> interim releases and start a rolling release.
>
> More clearly, I think we should:
> * Stop making interim releases.
> * Keep doing daily quality and keep improving our daily quality.
> * Take a monthly snapshot of the development release, which we support only
> until the next snapshot
>
> That means users could choose:
> * The LTS release
> * The rolling release updated daily or as frequently as desired
> * The rolling release updated at least monthly

Translations and documentation are currently very closely tied to the
6 month release cycle. Are there any thoughts on how this would work
in a rolling release model? (there are probably other teams too, but
these spring to mind immediately)

I think having some expectations of what we would want to release each
monthly with regard to localization and documentation and getting
these teams involved in the discussion is important before any
decisions are made.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com