Regarding patching virtualbox in 12.04

Pranith Kumar bobby.prani at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 16:53:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am writing this regarding the issues being faced by Virtualbox users in 12.04.

12.04 was released with kernel 3.2 and then the kernel 3.5 was offered
as a possible upgrade. Most users are currently switching over to 3.5

The version Virtualbox in 12.04 was 4.12. The problem is that this
version no longer works with the 3.5 kernel and needs to be patched.
Please see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/virtualbox/+bug/1081307.
There is a patch in that bug and it is working fine for me and other
for quite some time now.

It has been difficult to get in touch with the maintainer to ask him
to patch the package. More than a 100 people are affected by the bug.
Please let me know how to proceed to fix the package at the earliest.

Thanks,
--
Pranith