taking Unity to the next level

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 4 21:56:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> As long as Canonical doesn't follow their usual practice of patching stuff
> without upstreaming, then that might be the case.  An incompatible Qt5 is just
> about the worst case scenario.

This seems like a good chance for us to work more closely with the
Kubuntu community, not less, to help us achieve our goals with the SDK
but in a way that doesn't result in unnecessary divergences.  Would
you be interested in helping to work with us on this?

It just seems to me Ubuntu and Kubuntu is more closely aligned than
ever - sure there are differences, but there is a lot of commonality
on the foundation, and the convergence story in Ubuntu will result in
useful foundational work that will benefit KDE across these different
devices too (e.g. Plasma Active).

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon