Let's Discuss Interim Releases (and a Rolling Release)

William Grant william.grant at canonical.com
Fri Mar 1 06:18:19 UTC 2013

On 01/03/13 15:55, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> For people or teams that are largely or entirely !canonical, this only works
> if all you care about is x86 (i386/amd64).  Anything for armhf (or powerpc)
> would have to land untested since the PPAs that are available for !canonical
> don't build these architectures.

PPAs can build on armel/armhf nowadays, but the qemu-based builders
still have issues with the occasional package, and the small number of
builders means we have to place fairly strict limitations on their usage
at present.

See https://dev.launchpad.net/CommunityARMBuilds for details on the policy.

We have no solution for !canonical PowerPC PPA builds today.

William