non-Unity flavours and Mir

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 14 17:33:05 UTC 2013

hi,
On Fr, 2013-06-14 at 13:12 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Friday, June 14, 2013 11:09:25 AM Oliver Ries wrote:
> > in addition to that I just want to highlight, that Jono and I are working
> > on creating a forum for all interested Mir stakeholders (e.g. flavors, but
> > also ISVs and others) to discuss such issues and drive alignment.
> >
> See this is part of the problem.  I don't WANT to be a Mir stakeholder.  I
> want to focus my Kubuntu work on packaging KDE and making it work well.
> Historically, one of the great things about Kubuntu has been that we could
> rely on the work of the X team to give us a great display system with up to
> date hardware support that we didn't have to worry about.

being a consumer of it kind of makes you a stakeholer, no ?
dont tell me you never discussed X issues with the Xorg team in the
past ...
the above is the offer to participate in a platform for conversation
about requirements, it is not like someone forces you to write patches
or so ...
it is just an extended version of this thread :)

ciao
	oli