Including cheese in the default desktop

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 4 18:10:35 UTC 2013

On 23 May 2013 16:25, Omar B. <estelar57 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> The bug doesn't really states that cheese should be default, but rather a
> way to test your cam.

No, I believe the bug *is* requesting that cheese be installed by
default. I think it's a good idea (Ubuntu GNOME and Kylin include it
by default) however cheese depends on gnome-video-effects which
depends on gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad so that needs to be fixed first.

> Also cheese has a simple bug that makes you see everything mirrored by
> default and you have to dig into the effects to find the correct one. So if
> it gets fixed I guess is not a problem if its included by default.

Cheese works fine here. Perhaps this is a bug with your webcam drivers?

Jeremy