Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2013-06-04

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Jun 4 17:12:27 UTC 2013

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/06/04/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 04 Jun, 2013|20130604
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
 Q/master: lp1176977 ("XFS instability on armhf under load") - cherry picked
 more fixes for the preallocation code, rerun the swift benchmark with
different
 fs sizes but unfortunately some xfs tests failed, under investigation.
 */highbank: lp1182637("cpu_offlining fails to run on ARM") - little
progress on
 this one, but i'm still working on it.
 There was a question whether we had helped test the Nexus 7 kernel for
phonedations.
 They stated they didn't have the hw
 That was the only blocker from it landing in the touch images
 Will sync with rtg upon his return then

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
 Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
     * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
 || ogasawara || foundations-1305-kernel || 1 work item ||
 ||           || mobile-power-management || 1 work item ||
 || rtg       || foundations-1303-phablet-kernel-maintenance || 2 work
items ||
 || sforshee  || foundations-1303-phablet-kernel-maintenance || 1 work
item ||
 || smb       || servercloud-s-virtstack || 1 work item  ||
 It appears not all the blueprints are setting the series properly and
thus we may be missing some
  work items for our team.  I'll review any oversights and update the
table next week.

 Our Saucy unstable branch has been rebased to the latest v3.10-rc4
 upstream kernel.  Saucy master-next is currently at v3.9.4.  We are
 debugging some boot issues with the v3.10-rc4 rebase, so will hold off
 on uploading a v3.10 based kernel until those are resolved.
 We still anticipate an AppArmor pull request this week from the security
 team to get the latest AppArmor patches into our phablet kernels.
 Important upcoming dates:
 Thurs June 20 - Alpha 1 (opt in)

 Currently we have 71 CVEs on our radar, with 2 CVEs added and 0 CVEs
retired in the last week.
 See the CVE matrix for the current list:
     * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
 Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
     * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
     * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Raring/Quantal/Precise/Lucid/Hardy  ===
 Status for the main kernels, until today (Jun. 04):
 *   Lucid - In Verification;
 * Precise - In Verification;
 * Quantal - In Verification;
 * Raring  - In Verification;
 Current opened tracking bugs details:
 * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
 For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
 * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html
 Future stable cadence cycles:
 * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseInterlock

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized  ===
 Thanks everyone